Tuesday, June 7, 2011

{ The village girl visits the big city }

I grew up in the city of Bucuresti, so I am familiar with the sights,smells, and the hustle you will find in any city. But Budapest is one of the architecturally beautiful cities I have ever visited. Sure, you have the citadel,the walking street, the bridges that link Buda to Pest. But I adore the little unknown side streets that are lined with buildings that have been standing for over four of five generations. If you look up you see intricate and beautiful people carved in the stone, with their hands raise above their heads as if to support the building and the people dwelling inside. And then, of course the food satisfies my mature taste buds... Vapianos, what more can I say?

But after a two hour train ride from Budapest to Vajta, I welcome the simple and real beauty of the countryside. Wild red poppies heavily peppering the fields that flank the roads, and the new wheat crops that stand tall on the road close to home. And then you see the sunset that drapes you in the glory of it's sunshine.

And then I realize that after the glitz and the glamour of the big city. I love Vajta.

-Autie

1 comments:

Sara said...

aw girl, you're making me super homesick for there
<3

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting