Wednesday, September 1, 2010

{ Local,Delicious,Eatery}

Hello World,

Last night I went out to dinner with a good friend of mine( and hopefully future blogger) Stephanie. One of the neatest things about Stephanie is that she LOVES experiencing new things and trying new foods. A few months ago, I told her about this local restaurant called " Open Sesame", which is located in Long Beach. So finally, last night we went out for some excellent Lebanese food. We started our meal with some Baba ganoush( a mixture of blended grilled eggplant, diced onions) and pita. This is some of the best baba ganoush I have ever had, so perfectly flavored with a hint of lemon.

The decor and ambiance was amazing and authentic and wasn't to "harem-y". But gave you the feeling you were dining in a house of a great Sheik who was visiting America.

Stephanie ordered the Kafta plate,( ground up,spiced meat, rolled into balls and skewered)which I sampled and was quite excellent. And I ordered a simple lamb kabob pita sandwich, the meat was perfectly cooked and tasted like heaven. The only draw back to this delicious restaurant is that it is a tad pricey, appetizers were about 7 dollars, entrees ranged from 9.99 to to 23.99. The sandwiches were a decent meal and ranged from 6.99 to 8.99.

But... it is SO worth it and is perfect for a date night or for a girls night out.

Please visit Open Sesames website - http://www.opensesamegrill.com/

Happy Eating!

-Autie

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Open Sesame, is a great restaurant. You described it very well. Several of us women went there to celebrate your Mom's "fake" birthday since she'd be out of the country on her "real" birthday.
We had a great time and the food is very delicious. I'm not that adventurous when it comes to different food. Just give me Mexican food and I'm happy. But I've always been able to thoroughly enjoy whatever I order at Open Sesame!!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting