Thursday, November 17, 2011

20.

November 18th 2004. This was a my very first day as a teenager, I woke up and stared at the ceiling for a minute, trying to force my eyes and mind to wake up. Then the thought jolted through my body " You are a teenager today." I could hardly believe it, I had waited a seemingly long time for this day and I wasn't exactly sure what to do with it now that it had actually arrived. But I clearly remembered promising myself that I would be the best teenager ever. I promised that I would never cause my parent grief, or disappoint God, and I would be an example to my siblings. Well... let's just say I was not the best teenager ever. I know for a fact that I upset my parents at some point on numerous occasions,I fought and bickered with my siblings, and I know my heart was not as sold out for God as it should have been. So, I know I wasn't the best teenager ever, but I know that my 20s will be better than my teen years. I have been falling in love with Jesus more and more, and I can see that the desires of my heart become more and more of the desires of Jesus. Now, on November 18th 2011, I find myself in shock that I am 20 years old. And I realized that I cannot go back but I can only move forward in the plans that have been laid before me, long before I was even a twinkle in my parent's eyes. To being 20. ~Autumn ~Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. -Proverbs 3:5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting