Sunday, December 11, 2011

{Ten Months and Seven Days Ago)

It has been  ten months and seven days since my arrival in Europe. Ten months and seven days since I left my little apartment above the  maintenance shop in Twin Peaks. Ten months and seven days ago a scared and nervous little girl showed up to bible college with a suitcase and a backpack. I remember driving up to the school for first time, and knowing that God was going to do a lot in my life and heart, and from the very moment that I stepped out of the blue van I was going to be in Hungary for a very long time. I shoved the thought away into the back of my mind as I tried to settle into my new life.

Well, God did do some intense and crazy things in my life, things that I didn't understand at the time, things that I hated, and things that shook my entire being. But, as I began to accept these changes as a part of the work that God wanted to do in me, I felt peace ripple throughout my soul. I began to accept the fact that God was always going to do things that I didn't like or understand at the time, but I have learned that God's timing is perfect and mine is not. I learned that I am not as gracious as I thought I was, espcially when put into a position of leadership. I feel as if I have grown immensely these past ten months, and I have fallen in love with Jesus, which is exactly why I came to bible college. Putting aside the trying times that I have encountered these past ten months, I would not have traded them for the love that I have gained for my Father. I get excited as I think about the next ten months of my life will bring, many new seasons and stages to be sure. I encourage you,dearest reader, to be encouraged of all of the things that God has done in your life and to get excited about the things that He WILL do!


Well, more to come from the other side of the globe!




-Autumn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting