Saturday, August 18, 2012

Making Broth

For those of you who know me, I love to cook, some might even go so far as to say that I am pretty good at it. But I have to accredited all to my mom, who taught me just about everything that I know! I grew up in a house where mostly everything was made from scratch. In Romania, store bought pie crust, pre-packaged egg noodles,peanut butter just really wasn't available. But looking back now, I don't remember missing those things very much, there were days where I would have done anything for  a PB&J, but my mom was  ( and still is today) at being ingenious and creative in the kitchen Every week "our" interns come over once a week and we make a meal together and eat it! I have been dreaming of chicken pot pie, and I thought that would be a good choice considering it consists of making your own pie crust, this is an invaluable skill! This recipe calls for chicken broth, which of course can be store bought easily in America. Though here in Hungary, chicken bouillon cubes are easily available, but there is nothing quite like homemade broth. So I set out to do what I'd never done before, it was probably the easiest thing in the world cooking-wise. But I felt absolutely accomplished, and our home was filled with the comfort aroma of chicken broth.  Colder days  of my childhood came back to me, and I hoped that there would be some left over broth and chicken to make chicken noodle soup soon!  The chicken pot pie turn out fantastic, and I'd like to accredit it to the chicken broth :)
And I did have some broth and chicken left over, so I will be making chicken noodle soup, very soon. I'll let you know how that turns out!

-Oh for those of you who want to know, my pickles  turned out fantastically!!!

-Autumn 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful. I still haven't mastered the pie crust, although I make a tasty chicken soup. Still want to make pickles on my list. Love the blog.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting