Sunday, August 19, 2012

So Worth The Wait

It was the morning of June 9th,2012. I was going to kiss someone today, and not just anyone, but my handsome groom that awaited me at the alter! This was a day that I had waited for, and not just since Travis and I started our relationship, but a day in January 7 years earlier. I had taken a mini seminary on  purity when I was in jr.high. At the end of the seminar, a ceremony was held we all made a promise not only to our future husband, but most importantly to God. I promise that I would remain pure until marriage, that I would save my whole self for my husband. Though I did not say the words out loud, I made another promise within my heart. I promise that the first man I would kiss would be my husband, on our wedding day. Looking back, I did not know all what that promise would entail, I thought it was going to be easy. But let me tell you, it most certainly was not easy. During the of my jr. high and high school years, people gave me well, a lot of crap, for having "virgin lips". Not a lot of people believed I could do it, and very few encouraged me to do it. People loved giving me worst cast scenarios of what my first kiss was going to be like if waited. " What if he's a bad kisser??""What if he's breath stinks!!!??""And what if you mess up in front of EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!". I would simply smile and say that I had made this promise to God and God would honor that promise and work out all of the details. Now, in my junior and senior years of high school, that promise got harder and harder to keep. It would have been so much easier to give in, but every time I would contemplate giving in, a picture of a perfect wedding kiss would appear in my mind, with I as the bride and there was a faceless groom before me. And then I waited, and I waited...and I waited....

     Now, fast forward to the summer of my 19th year, it was June 17th, 2011. I met Travis Scott Wallace. I had no interest in him whatsoever, he was a nice guy, a missionary to Croatia, and a former student/intern at the school. So I had heard a lot about him, but I still had no interest. I was in no place to seek out a husband at the moment, my eyes were on Jesus and I was running the race, and I was content. Now, about a month earlier, the Lord had given me a vision of what I was to be doing. He showed me running as fast as I could towards him, not looking side to side or behind me, but what was ahead. Then another runner ,a man,came up( side note...Travis likes to run...I detest it with everything in me) besides me, we both began running together, always at the same pace towards the Lord. I knew that the Lord was telling me to run towards Him, and he would bring my husband to me in His timing. I was content with this...but then He told me that my husband was coming soon, and than it would happen very fast, but I was not to look for him, but to be pursued. Okay I said, I can totally do that!

Now back to June of 2011, so this guy Travis seemed very nice, he seemed friendly, he seemed to like me as a friend. Truthfully, we hit it off, we agreed how housekeeping/laundry should be run that summer, so we thought of ourselves as a team. Which I thought was cool,but Travis thought it was really,really cool. Within the first week of meeting this guy, I notice that he was pursuing me. I felt awkward, oh no, could this be the man for me! It's too soon Lord. I heard nothing, so I went on, just as I was before. Then, two weeks after meeting Travis, he spilled the beans. He really liked me, he wanted to someday marry me, he saw special things in me, he saw my heart and what I wanted to do. But I asked him for some time to pray and to seek the Lord, but I knew deep in my heart that this had God's name written all over it. I knew that Travis was a special man because he too at the age of 13 made a promise to wait until marriage to kiss, my heart leapt. Travis was special, not once in our relationship did we talk about not waiting to kiss, not once did he ask me to dump a promise that I had made. This was the first person in a long time that had finally encouraged me to keep this promise.

And we did, we did not kiss when had been apart for a long time, or when we got engaged, we did not have a "practice run" the day before we got married. Nope, we waited until June 9th,2012 at around 11:30 in the morning. Our ceremony leading up to the kiss was so beautiful, it was a real testimony to what God had done in our lives as a couple and a promise of what He was going to do. Then, finally the moment had come, everyone there knew of the promises and they were just SO stoked to be the ones to see it.

That kiss was perfect,seem less, and pure. Just as I had imagine it would be, and more.

 And I think we both fell harder into Love. My heart danced,raced,leapt,spun around! God had proven Himself faithful and good not only to us, but to those who had witnessed every step of our story.

Why to do I write my story to you? If you are single, I encourage you to wait to give your first kiss to your bride or groom, or ask God to renew you,mind and body. I know that God can cover anything you've done, He can and will make you whole. If you are married, I encourage you to remove anything that stands in the way of you and your spouse, past mistakes or relationship,money, or whatever it may be! Throw it away, and draw closer to the one you love most on this earth, renew that relationship with one another.

Remember, it can be done, because you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.

Truthfully,

Autumn Klare Wallace

Ps- I thought you guys would enjoy our kiss sequence from our wedding, photo credit to the amazing Erica Shubin!


Perfect






Oops.... some red lipstick got on his face... :)

Just one more,love.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this story!!! You are such a wonderful woman of God! Thank you for sharing your heart, your convictions and your story. This will be a great inspiration for those single women and men who are waiting. It is WELL worth it! Your story and pictures tell it all!! It made me cry :)

Congratulations on your marriage, and your little blueberry. I can't wait to see you both!!!

Unknown said...

This makes me have butter flies!!! I love this!! It's so encouraging to see someone else who wanted to wait for that special kiss, and made it! Thanks for sharing! I miss you!!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting