Tuesday, July 20, 2010

{ Adventures in Little India}

Hello Again,

Six days ago, my " little sister" turned 16, but because we were at youth camp, we celebrated it today. We visited Little India, and within minutes I fell in love.
My rather large family walked the streets which were rather empty and enjoyed the sites,smells, and food.
Our first stop was Rasraj,an all vegetarian Indian restaurant,which is was a great deal. A lunch was under six dollars, with your meal there was the best naan you have ever had{ and believe me, I have eaten a lot of naan}

My dad wanted to get some sweets at this very local sweet and snack shop, I can't remember the full name,but it included " World Famous" in the name. I have to say it was quite an experience to eat some Indian sweets{ who wouldn't enjoy a dessert called Chum-chum?}. At the end we all decided that we had fun, but we all preferred ice cream. { We will get to that later }

I was quite adamant on visiting a clothing/accessory store, so we stopped at several. One word I will use to describe these stores : Sparkly.
Although I didn't walk out with a 24 carat necklace, I did walk out with beautiful five dollar bangles to add to my collection of obscure jeawlery.

The rest of the day was uneventful, besides we came home watched Bride and Prejudice and ate some delicous Red Velvet cupcakes. I will post the recipie tommarrow!

-autie k.

1 comments:

Living 4 Christ said...

Wish I was there sis!!! Cant wait to see you tomorrow! Love always, your bro Costi

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting