Friday, August 27, 2010

{ New Goal }

Hello World,

After deciding that I am the least talented person in the world, I need to make a new goal for myself that will give me some new skills. So what is this new goal you ask?

Crochet Baby Afghan.


Now, this is not as crazy as you might think , I have crocheted before, but that was also five years ago...

But!

I will start on this goal this winter, when it's cold outside.


So here are some afghans that I LOVE! And maybe I am not ready to conquer these,but merely inspirational ideas.






If any of you ladies have some beginner's afghan patterns and would like to share them, I'd be a willing student!

Much Love,

Autie

" She selects wool and flax and works eagerly with her hands"
Proverbs 31:13

3 comments:

Jana said...

I have a great pattern where you can crochet a baby blanket in about 2 hours. You need one of those very large crochet hooks-the plastic ones and some fat yarn. Super quick and super easy.

JACK RATANA said...

ummmmm, "least talented person in the world" have to disagree here sister. You, my dear, got skillz beyond my years at your age. So, there! keep up the goodness. I rooting for ya.

Unknown said...

Just please, oh, please, don't crochet anything with such big stitches that eensy baby toes can poke through.

I'm crocheting a baby blanket right now but I only work on it whenever we're driving long distances in the car. (2 years' labor and counting...) Eight rows of single stitch, eight of double - a bit of a stripe pattern but all one color. I have to warn you that there are hundreds of crocheted baby blankets in Goodwill stores across America. I always get so sad seeing them, knowing that someone spent hours and hours of love on those blankies. Use the softest cotton yarn you can buy; do not use acrylic yarn under any circumstances. You wouldn't wear something out of icky acrylic yarn so why should your baby?
I miss you. We could sit and crochet together while someone drove us around and around.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting