Sunday, August 22, 2010

{Preparation for Woman/Wife/Mother Hood}


Hello World,

As a godly,young,unmarried woman, I have put it upon myself to prepare my heart for woman,wife,and motherhood.Sixty years ago, this would have been an easier task; however the culture and role of women have dramatically changed.

But...

I am determined!

I have been blessed to grow up in a home where my mom loved( and still loves) my dad. My mom has always been so good in keeping a good,peaceful home. Preparing excellent and nutritious meals for not only her family,but also for (sometimes unexpected) guests.
I could go on and on about my mom, she is not only a great wife and mom,but also a great friend and teacher. She has taught me so much... I sometimes wonder if I will ever be able to be like my mom.


Some of you have heard of Mrs. Debi Pearl, she and her husband are known for their child-rearing book, " To Train up a Child". Several years ago, she wrote an AMAZING book , " Created to Be a Help Meet". Mrs. Pearl talks about the importance and the joy of being your husband's help meet. Now, as awesome as this book is, I couldn't relate because it is written with married women in mind. But.... several months ago, Mrs.Pearl came out with a new book called " Preparing to be a Help Meet"
Needless to say, I am STOKED!
I just ordered it, so I will be reading it in a few days.

Anyways, I hope you all have a beautiful day and you continue to grow to be the daughter/sister/wife/mom that our Father has called you to be.

With Love,

Autie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting