Monday, April 25, 2011

{ They Call me Mom}

I remember the very first time I ever made spaghetti for my family, it was a momentous and proud occasion. I was only 11 years old but I remember the pride I felt when I served my family that delicious sauce over the al dente noodles with the precious Parmesan cheese from America. And now, nine years later the feeling of joy hasn't dwindled but increased. Ever since my grandma's passing almost a month ago, I have dealt with the normal emotions that death of a loved one brings. Sadness,loss,confusion and sometimes anger. But I have found that when I make food for other people, it makes me feel much,much better. Even the sound of a homemade meal at bible college gets people excited, and that brings a smile to my face. So today, I decided that scalloped potatoes and apple crisp. How can one go wrong with potatoes,cheese,butter? And then washing it down with apples and sugar? You can't. So I spent the better part of the morning fixing this meal in the big industrial kitchen, and I have found that cooking in a big stainless kitchen is not relaxing, but I practiced my delegation skills. Mom, you'd be proud!

So after several hours of peeling,stirring,whipping,mixing,baking,sprinkling, two other girls and five very Hungary boys sat out on the lawn and ate a delicious meal ( if I do say so myself ) And if they are all honest, they enjoyed it thoroughly enjoyed it and I believe I will be cooking again soon.-Autie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting