Monday, July 11, 2011

{Housesitting Happenings}

This week has been a slightly awkward week, for more reasons than just one. To begin with, the AVFLers as wells as all of the interns and my friend that I co-dorm steward with are gone in Slovenia camping and in Vienna,Austria for an outreach. Which adds up to thirty people that have left the castle, which makes this place rather desolate. There was no conference this week which means awkward amounts of work and random jobs for everyone. And because there were no conferences, several of the families left for the week, which takes away from the normal population. All of this to say, it has been a quiet week which basically means a starvation diet for my extroverted needs. But I have been house sitting for the Fosters and their lab, Lola has been my most devoted companion. My first night here, she snuggled with me on the couch and I do enjoy seeing her sweet dog smile when I get home from a long day of laundry,housekeeping and coffee shop training. Now that I have honestly stated the positive of dog sitting Lola, I am compelled to share with you a little "run-in" she and I had yesterday evening.

So, I have been making pasta like crazy this whole week, and yesterday I made some extra for my friend, Abbe, who was coming over later in the evening.So I placed the three helpings of pasta in a plastic container and ( disclaimer) because I am not used to having a dog around, I left it out and forget to put it away before I left for Koinania. Now, when I arrived home to serve my guest, I couldn't find the container anywhere! Until, I found it completely empty, and licked cleaned. I knew that I couldn't be mad at the dog, because it was in fact, partly my fault.But I knew that I was the boss, I decided that some sort of punishment was expected. So proceeded to show the quality canine the empty plastic case... and then... she peed all over of the floor. I couldn't help but laugh, so shooed the dog into a small,closed room and cleaned up the pee.

There you have it folks... the tale of my house sitting adventure.

Until next time!

-Autie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting