Thursday, August 11, 2011

{ Why I Blog --- From a slightly discouraged blogger}

Recently, I have been sitting at this little stump that most of you know as "writer's block" for several weeks now...writing feels like a chore and I have almost zero feedback. So, I am a little frustrated with myself at the fact that I am inconsistent with my writing. So, I have decided to go back to the basics and share with you some of my heart about writing and why I blog,hoping to inspire myself once again.

From a very young age, I have always loved writing stories and journaling. But it was my freshman year of high school that my love for writing was discovered. Mrs. T taught a creative writing class for a group of 20 Kurdish high school students. I didn't only learn about writing, but writing an excellent and unique story. My foundation of writing was laid here, and for that I am eternally grateful-- Thank you Mrs. T!

After that year of school, I was almost "on my own" if you will. Most of my papers were graded by a teacher I had never met and I never received much feedback, so I began to pour my heart out in my journals. Of course, I would have never,ever let anyone read those. So obviously I was not getting any feedback from that form of writing.
So, I then began to write letters to my best friend Pauli...serious,serious letters...we're talking ten pages type of letters. Pauli would write back with 10 to 12 pages of letters. Finally some of the feedback that I had been craving!

So,it was the summer before my Junior year of high school I got up the nerve to start blogging. Actually, my very first blog was with my best friend, Pauli. We wrote about our summer together in 2008. You can read it here- http://autumnandpauli.blogspot.com/

There are a lot of pretty hysterical posts, a good and intriguing read.

After that summer, I didn't blog until 2010, and ever since then I have been semi-consistently blogging. I find it very important to blog about my time in Hungary at bible college. It is my heart to share about my experiences,my life, and the things that God is teaching me.

When I write, I write for myself but I keep my readers in mind. My readers are primarily my family and friends, so I write exactly how I would talk to you. However, I get a little discouraged when there are no comments or feedback, of which I have not had since June. But I have realized in the past several days, that I write to the world, not only my world. Who knows who stumbles across my blog on a daily basis. This in itself gives me hope that my blogs are not flying out onto the oblivion of the internet.

So, dear reader, whoever you are, please continue to read, and although you may never comment. It is enough for me to know that I have readers who anonymously enjoy my thoughts.

With a newly inspired heart,

Autie

2 comments:

Callie Denny said...

Dear friend, just so you know...I hardly ever get comments unless I blog something outrageous...which is perhaps why I have so many crazy blogs posts (if you don't believe me go back and read the one titled "Funky Toe") anyways, the best way to be encouraged is to check out your "stats". See how many countries actually visit your site. You will either feel better...or much worse.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mary Poppins,

I know I've not been a regular, although I try to keep up on reading the most recent posts of yours and of those others whom I follow. I apologize for not leaving comments. I must say that each of your posts which I've read, I've been greatly impressed by. There are very inspiring, funny, and quite insightful. The one that comes to mind most readily is the story of your Toms. So, I just wanted to thank you for blogging; don't stop!

Te iubesc Sora!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting