Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The reason and not the excuse...a word about my new mom body.


The reason and not the excuse ...a few words on the "mom" body.

Before I got pregnant , I had the body of the average woman. I was 5'4,145 pounds and a size 8-10( depending on the store). I have always had body image issues, many of my friends weighed less and were a few inches taller , they had incredible genes which gave them an incredible metabolism. I was pretty jealous until I went to college and got to busy and I focused my mind on Jesus rather than being in vain about my body . A year and a half later , I was married, I had lost about 5 lbs before my wedding because I was busy with school and spent a lot of time on my feet. Three weeks after my wedding , I got pregnant and for the first few months I gained hardly anything . And then we moved to America just in time for the holidays...and thus started the downward slope. The day I gave birth to Jeremiah, I weighed in at ( inhale) 210 pounds... I wanted to sob. Now here I am three months later at 180, and I still avoid cameras,mirrors and shopping . I hate my body. I miss not having love handles . I miss my flat tummy. I just miss my old body

Now.

I would not trade my son for anything, no amount of stretch marks can make me wish his smiles away. No ache could make me wish the sparkle in his eyes when he discovers away. I know my body will never fully be the same, and I am still coming to terms with this , but that does not need to be the excuse. It needs to be the reason

But I am done with my current state , I want to be healthy and strong. I want to be proud of this masterpiece that God has created. I want my son to know that eating healthy is to be a way of life and not a passing fad. I want him to know that by exercising and putting good things in our bodies,we are honoring our temple.

I have never been a fan of sharing workouts on Facebook , I follow the rule of "unless you fell down on the treadmill, I really don't want to hear about it". But I do want to share my progress and I want this endeavor to be God- honoring, I want to share my progress because I want to be kept accountable and I want and need encouragement in this journey. If any of you want to be my accountability partner, please let me know. As for diet, I am going to eat crazy stuff like chia seeds and flax, I'll eat loads of fruits and veggies, I am going to cut out processed junk as much as possible and when I do have a treat, it'll be homemade. I am not interested in any fad diet . Just good ol' fashioned good eating and getting my lazy booty off the couch!


Thanks for your support !

Much love,

Autumn

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck friend! I've been using an application called my fitness pal that lets you put in the calories you take it. It gives you a Daily limit based on height, weight, weightloss goal. You can also put in exercise. If you're interested in that kind of thing, its helpful. Even if you're not, you will do awesome! Jeremiah is lucky to have a mom like you!

Anonymous said...

Autumn I love your honesty and enthusiasm!! You can SO do this!! Just try not to go overkill and get worn out, that's my only advice. Take one step at at time. You can't lose all the weight you want (or get in shape for that matter) overnight. :) But I totally support your endeavors for eating healthy and taking care of yourself! And I know you can do it because I've seen some of the pictures of recipes you've made at home before that look absolutely delicious; and I know you like food/cooking.

Want me to try to find recipes for you to try?

<3 Hope Cox

Jessie said...

Hey sweet lady! I was reading through your posts (not stalking...but...stalking :) and read this one. I've heard great things about the book "Trim, Healthy Mama." I got it but then gave it away as a gift. Need to get it again. :) Give it a go! No fad diets, just eating healthy and learning about food. Don't be deterred by it's size, it has a ton of recipes! Great for any women, and especially busy mamas! So excited for you to join the mama club. ;)

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting