Tuesday, February 22, 2011

{ Other Happenings & Friends}

So

this semester at school we only have fifty people attending ( this includes the Missions Training Program ). So by the second week, you know everyone and they all know you. Now, I know about 95 % of everyone's name, however many are confusing me with a fellow student named 'Adam'. With a Hungarian accent, my name does sound like Adam if you are not paying attention but today during an annoucement the translator told the student body that Adam along with Abbe was starting a prayer group. Honestly, I feel worse for Adam because he is being confused for a girl. Althought being confused for someone else's boyfriend is a little embarrasing.
So I am tempted to write my name, phonetically on a shirt so there won't be any more confusion .

Well,as I have said that my school is pretty small, so there is only one girls hallway. And the best part is about this arrangment is that you can take a five second walk and you can see one of your friends if your roommates aren't around. It's a very cute neighborhood. So, I thought I would introduce you to some of my neighbors.

{Callie}
Callie is one of the sweetest people that I know, she is usually soft-spoken but there are times ( Espcially in the Rotunda)where she will sing and waltz around. Callie is exceptionally good at braiding hair, I am pretty sure that she will braid at least three girl's hair before she fixes her own. I don't know many girls who would do that! Callie is also a fan of Anne of Green Gables, just as I am which is so lovely because we can quote the book and the movie and act all dramtic together. It makes college rather romantic. I love this sweet Girl

{Abbe}

Abbe & I have this special connection because she was the very first person I met when I came into Hungary. So, she was my very first friend coming into Hungary. Abbe has an incredible voice and I usually sit by her during devos just so I can hear her sing and listen to the incredible harmonize notes.
I am inspired by Abbe's love for Hungarian and her desire to be here in Hungary. As she is pursuing a career in music, she is leaving behind possiblities. However, God will bless her life, her careers and whatever she endevors to do because of her obdeience for God.

{Tiffany}

Tiffany was also there at the airport when I arrived, so we also have a special connection. Tiffany is the friendliest person I know, within seconds of knowing her I feel as if I am her closet friend. She is extremely outgoing,funny, and possesses a heart of prayer. She recently went on a weekend trip to Serbia for an outreach, and I honestly missed her while she was away.Tiffany visits my dorm room serveral times a day, so I get the joy of her cracking my back and laughing so hard I might pee my pants.


There are many,many more girls here that I going to school with and I am looking forward to him becoming my sisters.

Love,

Autie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting